Friday, April 1, 2011

Movie I Watched Tuesday - Crash

It took me 7 years to see this movie, although I had wanted to see it when it came out.

Thousands of racist stories tied into one movie. It was incredibly powerful, incredibly depressing, and all too true. This is one of those films I think everyone should be forced to see every now and then just to keep in check with what's going on around them in the world. Fantastic acting, and I still hate Sandra Bullock. All I could think about was The Blind Side and cringe.

I certainly teared up when the little girl ran out to protect her daddy from being shot. What a tense movie.

Gilbert says it had a tiny ($6.5 mil) budget and raked in like $100 mil. The only place where I noticed it being "cheap" was the poor soundtrack choices. In very emotional scenes, the music did not have any impact on my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment