Monday, January 28, 2013

Argo

I thought I wouldn't see a film I enjoyed as much as Silver Linings Playbook, but this sure came close. I was on the edge of my seat nearly the entire time. And while I could take or leave Ben Affleck's acting, his directing was superb. The movie was just so real, so intriguing.

I love when movies can take you into a real time in history and make you feel the same fear, anxiety, and love that people must have felt back then. The Iranian Hostage Crisis is an event I may have learned in history class, briefly, but I never knew it like I did while I was watching this film. I really feel like it gave  me a really deep perspective into the minds of Americans at the time.

The fact that this movie plot actually really happened is incredible, and makes for a great subject for a movie. The acting was all around solid, and this probably scores a close second out of the movies I've seen this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment