Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Movie I Saw Tuesday - The Adjustment Bureau

I like sci-fi. I like romance. Why wouldn't I like The Adjustment Bureau?

Well, for one, it's completely cliche in every possible way, and there are lines that literally make you want to gag. And, spoiler alert, it ends exactly how you think it will end. Exactly. No surprises.

The movie went by really quickly, and each scene could have been predicted.

It's based on a short story, and I'd like to read it. I think it could have a lot more depth and interest than the film.

But the film was entirely enjoyable! Emily Blunt and Matt Damon are lovely to look at, the whole sci-fi idea was really enticing, and I really enjoyed them trying to beat "the man," or as they call him, "the chairman." They are trying to fight fate to be together... because their love is just that strong. But they have an adjustment bureau after them to make sure that they never see each other again. Oooh! Ahh!

I recommend this if you need a really dumb Hollywood film with actors that you actually like, and not Katherine Heigl!

No comments:

Post a Comment